THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jewell trigger for Winchester 70 .375 H&H?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,
Curious as to your take on using a Jewell Winchester 70 trigger on a custom Winchester 70 s/s in .375 H&H. Rifle will have a barrel from the factory contour to a #5 custom. Will be stocked with a McMillan and the bottom metal will be replaced with a Sunny Hill s/s unit. I know the Winchester trigger is rugged and I can respect that, however, I have come to adore the Jewell HVRs that I have on a couple of my Remingtons. Just nothing like it, imho. Rifle will see general use and may make the trip to both Africa and Alaska. Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt,

I have Jewells on Model 70s.

They can take a bit of fitting as comapred to Rem 700s.

For some reason they don't seem to feel as good as when they are on Rem 700s.

Maybe it is lock time.

However they are the same trigger and of course allow external adjustment so you can get a couple of rifles feeling the same.

You are probably already aware that you can get different springs which let you have a pull from a couple of ounces up to a few pounds.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I appreciate your response. I've never shot a Winchester equipped with a Jewell and hence was going on my experience with their HVR for Remingtons. Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote