New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser help?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got a small ring Mex stamped 1941 and I need bottom metal.

Which will interchange?

Standard 98 is too long.

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
J, if I recall properly Swede bottom metal should work. How about finding me a bolt for mine? A project long neglected.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Nope; box is too long; use the 95 Chilean. Or Spanish 93 but the quality is not very good on those; the 95s were made in Germany. Ask me Mauser questions; I have every Mauser variant ever made.
Bolt? use a 1924 intermediate bolt but you will need an extractor cut in the barrel as the nose is different than the Mex.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good info. Thanx

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mex bolt on fleabay right now- $250 opening bid

Posts: 1169 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
You can use 96 swede. If the box is too long for the intended cartridge, simply braze a piece into the box at the front. A 95 is a better fit but it seems to be a lot easier to find nice 96's so I just alter as needed.

As for using intermediate length bolts, you need more than an extractor cut, you need to counterbore the barrel for the bolt nose to fit. The bolt protrudes through the "C" ring.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Taylor:
J, if I recall properly Swede bottom metal should work. How about finding me a bolt for mine? A project long neglected.

Sent you a PM.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Got a 95 Chilean coming from Numrich.

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, the intermediate bolt nose protrudes .033 from the inner ring, but if you are fitting a barrel, you can do this.
And the Swede mag box always needs a spacer as it overhangs the Mex receiver. I can't seem to find any more Swede boxes anyway and I need a couple.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've made up a few Mex bottom metal units fully machined from 1018 inside bow release...$410.00

Posts: 3609 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check Century Arms. They bought out SAMCO's old inventory and are listing NOS M96 bottom metal, bolts and other parts.

quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Yes, the intermediate bolt nose protrudes .033 from the inner ring, but if you are fitting a barrel, you can do this.
And the Swede mag box always needs a spacer as it overhangs the Mex receiver. I can't seem to find any more Swede boxes anyway and I need a couple.

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Thanks; I will.

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just clarifying that the extractor cut isn't the only modification required, lest someone think that's all that is needed.

As for the box, yes, it overhangs if the cartridge is shorter. But chamber it for something longer than the 7x57 and it won't if you adjust the feed ramp. Of course, if you're fitting a barrel, you can do this. Wink

Of course, on of Duane's units works just fine!

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay! Thanks for all the help got a magazine box that fits great.

What firing pin works on the Mex can't seem to find one that says it's specifically for the Mex....

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
It is unique; no other will fit without modification. I need to make a run of them; I have had 5 calls for them in the last month.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is unique; no other will fit without modification. I need to make a run of them; I have had 5 calls for them in the last month.

If you want to make a run......I'm in for one!

one of us
posted Hide Post
dpcd,

Please make a run. I would be interested in two of them.

Gracias,

Hoot

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Wilco.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me know how,much I owe you please and I'll get funds headed your way.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I went back an re-read your post regarding making up another run. I am not sure now what you would be making up. I am interested in Mex Mauser Firing Pins not magazine boxes. Please advise as to which one you would be making.

Muchas gracias,

Hoot

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be in for a Mex Mod 36 firing pin!

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote