Find
Notify
Tools

This is why we have gun control in canada
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted
This guy just left the shop and it was to good to not share !

Customer comes into the shop

Customer: I have a gun I bought at an auction that I need fixed.

Me: Lets have a look at it.

(Hands me a broom handle Mauser)

Me: This isn't worth putting a dollar into.

Customer: Can you fix it?

Me: I dunno, I'd have to make parts, probably $400 to $500 but it's not worth it.

Customer: That's not right I can get all of the parts on line !

Me: No you can't !

Customer: Yes I can !

Me: It's a $5 gun !

Customer: No it's not !

Me: Did they ask to see your firearms license and register this gun when you bought it?

Customer: No I bought it at an auction !

Me: You do realize that this isn't a gun?

Customer: Bovine stare

Me: It's a children's toy from the 1930s or 40s.

Me: A replica !

Me: It's a $5 children's toy !

Customer: It looks real !

Me: IT'S A FUCKING TOY, THAT'S WHY THEY GAVE IT TO YOU WITH NO LICENSE AND REGISTRATION !

Customer: Oooooohhhhhhhhh h h h h h

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
.....they're out there and unfortunately they're breeding.....a friend of mine had a similar but reversed encounter happen to him......at a garage sale the seller told him it was a replica pistol for hanging on the wall and he could have it for $5......deal done, thank you very much!.....one complete, original 1912 Steyr Hahn 9mm auto Wink Smiler Smiler

Roger

Posts: 1043 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ask him if he wants a matching ww2 Walther P38
I acquired it about the same way , at a gun show , setup , we checked headspace for $5 . Guy just bought it from someone walking around .was told it was his grandfathers gun from WW2 , he got a steal , only paid $200 . He was sure prowd of it and wanted to know if he took the stuff out of the barrel would it be safe to shoot it ? We said sure but you don't really need to take the barrel stuff out . It'll fire caps just fine ! What , no , I know these guns and have a few , as he goes scurrying off to find the sellers . Leaving the cap gun ( very well made German ) at our table .
My gun show buddy , then 81 was in tears laughing . I was just catching flies with my mouth open .
Gun shows and great deals . If it sounds too good to be true , it usually is .

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We had the opposite happen. A customer bought a replica Winchester that had been hanging in a restaurant for decades. He brought it in to show and tell. On closer inspection, removal of layers of black paint there was a real shootable 1892 hiding there.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Idiocy is not an argument for gun control of any kind. they are self controlling and will always gravitate to the bottom eventually.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had a similar experience when I was working out of Guncraft in Calgary. A gal who was plainly working the street came in with a magazine and wanted some ammunition to fit it. Well it didn't look right and I told her I would have to see the pistol in order to be able to give her the right stuff. Finally, she was convinced to go our and get from her pimp what was plainly a toy Browning HP. I told her, "This isn't a real gun; it's a toy."
She looked at me for a few seconds then said, " Man, is he going to be pissed! He paid four hundred bucks for this thing!" The underground economy at work. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3763 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've heard some pretty good Guncraft stories over the years from Wayland and Ronnie, Billy. Some repeatable, some, not-so-much. Lot's of funny ones though. I used to remember going in as a kid and listening to Gunther and Pete yelling at each other and calling one another every name in the book, each from their respective corners. Actually Ronnie and Wayland were en entertainment package on their own. I went coyote hunting with them one day and a yote ran across the road in front of us and Ronnie bailed out to THWAKETTA it. He got about half way out of the truck and the whole top end slide off of his Steyr AUG and he was left with the plastic chassis in his hands and the coyote headed for parts unknown. Wayland and his OCD, ADD had been fucking around with it and had forgotten to lock the take down pin. It was a pretty quiet ride back to Edmonton, less a few mutterings about a certain, silly, fawking chinaman. lol

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Obviously Canada's gun control efforts are not strong enough because Shootaway has a gun.

Just sayin....

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine always told me there are 3 kinds of people at a gunshow....

1. I've got one
2. I'll be back
3. Don't have a clue

Posts: 328 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adamhunter:
Obviously Canada's gun control efforts are not strong enough because Shootaway has a gun.

Just sayin....

Dunno...that mofo is pretty good with open sights...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Hughes:

1. I've got one
2. I'll be back
3. Don't have a clue

4. That's WAY to much money !
5. Will you sell me that with no registration?
6. I refuse to pay sales tax at a gun show!
(And my personal favorite which I personally use and endorse every time I can)
7. I've got a couple of those that I'll sell you for half of your sticker price ! LMAO ROFF

Best line ever heard at a gunshow:

Bert: So Don, what's cheap at this show today?
Don: You are Bert !

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by speerchucker30x378:
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Hughes:

1. I've got one
2. I'll be back
3. Don't have a clue

4. That's WAY to much money !
5. Will you sell me that with no registration?
6. I refuse to pay sales tax at a gun show!
(And my personal favorite which I personally use and endorse every time I can)
7. I've got a couple of those that I'll sell you for half of your sticker price ! LMAO ROFF

Best line ever heard at a gunshow:

Bert: So Don, what's cheap at this show today?
Don: You are Bert !

Orrr...My dad had one just like that

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote