Find
Notify
Tools

Adjustable Cheek Pieces
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
All,
Building a tactical rifle. Would like to add a adjustable cheek piece. Couple of questions.

1. Where do I buy the "kit" from?
2. Are they hard to install.

I have just gotten decent a stock finishing. Just decent mind you. However, I am better with metal and asaw than I am with Tung oil and 1000 grit paper. Kinda trying to do this project turnkey myself as much as possible so thats whay I am asking. I look forward ot hearing from you guys.

Cheers,
Jason

Posts: 98 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
<G.Malmborg>
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've seen a few guns (my brother has one) that were modified to make an adjustable rise on the cheek area. The ones I've seen, the guys took a sabre saw and cut out a section of the original stock. Then added two or three adjustment screws that could raise/lower the cutout with a hex wrench from the non-shooting side. They stained the cuts so there wasn't raw wood in the gap and they look and work well. Most may think this is a 'jerry-rig' but it's cheap and it works. I've never seen it on a Monte Carlo stock or anything other than a regular setup. Cost is just a few bucks. Depends on what you're building but this is a cheap way out.

FWIW,
XWind

Posts: 203 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote