THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    How to brake in the barrel of my New Shillen barrel

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to brake in the barrel of my New Shillen barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Flip
posted
What is the correct way to brake in My new shillen barrel on a M98 action

Thanks

Flip

forgot to say its in 300 Winchester

[This message has been edited by Flip (edited 05-25-2002).]

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe the Shilen website has a routine but if it doesn't both the Krieger and the PacNor website do...as does Lilja.

------------------
DB Bill aka Bad Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<dennis hepner>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Flip:
What is the correct way to brake in My new shillen barrel on a M98 action

Thanks

Flip

forgot to say its in 300 Winchester

[This message has been edited by Flip (edited 05-25-2002).]

flip,
ed shilen goes through the procedure rather thoroghly on his w/s. SHILEN RIFLE BARRELS will get you there
dennis

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hey'
My proceedure for breaking in barrels.I JB paste,the barrel.I make at least 50 passes.I take all my cleaning equipment to the range.I fire one shot.I swab the barrel with sweat's.After 2minutes.imake 15 passes with a new brush.Then use patches till clean.I do this for each shot 5 times.After that I clean after 3 shots (5 Times).I repeat this with 5 shots.After that,I do my normal cleaning proceedure.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 231 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 23 August 2002Reply With Quote