New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need someone to cut stock, paint and replace pad
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Two stocks w/different needs. Person needs to be good. These are high dollar fiberglass stocks. No Krylon. powdr

Posts: 309 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have watched all of the guys read and pass on. I did too at #4 in line. This is really not a complicated job. There are several ACGG gunsmiths in Texas that are able to do what you ask. It may also be done in stages. Cut, Alter length. Blend curf cut. New pads. Paint. There are also jurisdictional laws that may come into play.....Oregon will not let one use non water based paint unless you have all the licenses/tools/inspections/certifications on file.

IF the stock has a custom design on it....get the builder to do what you need. The cutting may be done using different methods/machines/saws.

It is my opinion, you just might get an answer if you let us know exactly you need to have done.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Don't know what you need done. Match Grade Arms has done stock painting for me in the past and I loved the result. They build full custom as well and perform gunsmith.
https://www.mgarmsinc.com/endo...nts/product-gallery/

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must be a secret, what he needs done. He posted the same , in about the same way over on LRH. He didn't like the request for more info asked for by another member there, it seems. Must be looking for a "mind reader", not a gunsmith. For a guy looking for 'help', he wasn't very nice to those guys who tried to help.

Posts: 714 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Dunno...i needed work on two HS stocks (one shorter, one longer) and I send them back to HS. The work was fantastic. If they are High- dollar stocks, I’d imagine the maker can do he work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slivers:
Must be a secret, what he needs done. He posted the same , in about the same way over on LRH. He didn't like the request for more info asked for by another member there, it seems. Must be looking for a "mind reader", not a gunsmith. For a guy looking for 'help', he wasn't very nice to those guys who tried to help.

It seems he posts looking for different stuff, mostly looking for the cheapest way he can get it done. Has a request for two recoil pads elsewhere and seems to be looking for cheap or free ones

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am a well known whore and shill for McMillans. They repainted a stock for me for $40.00. I get whatever LOP I desire. They fix breaks/ dents reasonably.

Some of the above post responses were by some of the best gunsmiths in this country/the world.

Stop playing secret squirrel, or just sod off.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote