Find
Notify
Tools

Siamese Mauser Extractor
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted
I recently picked up a Siamese action but I think the extractor claw may be broken or missing a piece. Does anyone have a pic of a known good extractor?

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by z1r:
I recently picked up a Siamese action but I think the extractor claw may be broken or missing a piece. Does anyone have a pic of a known good extractor?

z1r,

I’m sorry, but you must be mistaken! I have it on very good “authority“ from lots of people on this site that Mausers NEVER break parts...especially the extractors! Smiler

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
It's true Rick, Mausers never do break parts. It's their owners or hammer mechanics that do. lol

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The rimmed Mauser extractor looks very different fomr the "normal" extractor. If you post a picture someone could tell you for sure.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I know it is quite different. I was hoping someone had a pic of one. Would save me the trouble of trying to post what would likely be a poor quality pic.

Thx.

Aut vincere aut mori

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I have a pic of a Mauser I'll post later this evening.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Siam extractor has a corner cut out on the claw. I have two of them I'm lookin at right now, one on the rifle and another spare. I just popped an 09 extractor on the Siam bolt, no problem. It looks to me like if push came to shove, the 09 extractor could be modified to work with a rimmed cartridge. I'd post a picture of the ones I have here but I'm not set up for that.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tiggertate!

I know the extractor is notched sort of but I believe mine may be "special". It seemed like there should be a bit more of the claw to grab the rim with.

Thanks for the help.

Aut vincere aut mori

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
This is a single shot bolt. A repeater just has the lower reveal milled off of the bottom of the bolt face (in this picture the section on the right).

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
My pic turned out better than expected.

It appears that a chunk is missing on or off of my claw.

Thanks!

Aut vincere aut mori

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
To my admittedly untrained eye it looks broke, too. Maybe a resident expert can say if it really a Siamese extactor. It looks exactly like a broken rimmless extractor to me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I thought all Siams were repeaters, didn't know there was a single shot in that flavor.

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The single shot bolt is for a Mauser pre-war match rifle. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. Funny, though. You can sure see the machining line on the Siamese where the lip once was.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
z1r,

I just looked at your picture again and compared it to what I've got here. It sure looks broken to me.

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Craigster,

I believe it looks that way to me too. The "claw" simply looks too small.

Now the fun of replacing or repairing the extractor begins.

Thanks All.

Aut vincere aut mori