New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dakota 97 , Kimber Synthetic
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What does the D97 offer over the KImber for such a difference in price(3x)?? bewildered

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I believe the kimber is only available in a short action. If I was looking for a short action I would nto pay the difference. I haven't owned one but have loaded for a kimber. I think it was worth the $1000 or so price tag.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have owned both, and each have their charms. The Dakota feeds better, is more accurate as a rule, and shows better fit and finish. Kimbers are a pig-in-a-poke; some are good, some are not. The Kimber stocks are a bit better, and the Kimber is also a tad lighter.

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
kimbers are now coming out with a long action. I have seen 30-06 and .270 for sale on the internet already.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2603 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
kimbers are now coming out with a long action. I have seen 30-06 and .270 for sale on the internet already.

There is or was a Kimber of Oregon that made long action rifles. Is this the same as the New Kimber of America? I thught they were different compaines. I thought the Kimber of Oregon was replaced and moved to the east coast by Kimber of America.

Looking at their website they currently only show the short actions.

But, I have been wrong in the past.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote