New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber 84M Synthetic Stock Maker?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Took the plunge and am getting a used Kimber 84M for a future sheep hunt (next year or three). Now I'm trying to locate a synthetic stock for it. The stocks on the Kimber Montana's would work, but I've heard horror stories about finding just the stock.

I know, should have gone with the Montana but this is a once in a lifetime hunt and a rest of the lifetime rifle so I couldn't go with synthetic/stainless. The synthetic is just for weight while packing, when I get back the wood goes back on.

Brown says they have had people inlet a Rem 700 for the Kimber but don't recommend using their Kevlar pounder due to tought time working it. McMillan and Bansner's don't list inletting for a Kimber.

Any idea of where to start looking would be appreciated.

Thanks.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. --- Greek Proverb

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try HIGH TECH SPECIALTIES at Brownells

http://www.bansnersrifle.com/hightech/stock_list.html

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tnekkcc - I've checked into them as well and they do not list the Kimber as one that they inlet for. Might have to see what the closest inletting is and go to work on it.

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
could this be what you are looking for?

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir, that is exactly what I was looking for. They will be getting an order from me in the next week or so.

Thanks.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. --- Greek Proverb