New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lone wolf or McMillan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Which ultra light stock would you buy, Lone Wolf Summit or McMillan Edge and why?

Thanks

Don't let your fears get in the way of your dreams

Posts: 143 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, just a few days ago, I would have probably said go with the tried and true McMillan. They are still a great stock. Having said that, today I tried to follow up on an order I had placed with them over 6 months ago. I had noticed an updated web site for them about 3 months ago.
Well that must have been the first of several changes.

I absolutely can't get a hold of an actual human being through their phone system. It is an automated recording that has you leave the answer to several questions, and then informs you they will get back to you within a couple of days. Which they haven't done. I find this offensive, my order is from a small business, I usually buy about 15-18 stocks a year from them. Unless there is some change to their customer contact methodology, I will be looking for an alternate.

Their stocks have always been great, I've only had a few problems here and there, out of say 55 or so stocks bought from them. Their drop in stocks are truly that, just drop in, screw em down and shoot.
Good quality, but that ain't the whole game.....

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, you will wait a l-o-n-g time for a McMillan. I threw in the towel after 90-days, cancelled my order and had a competitor's stock delivered witin 10-days.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want the lightest, you have to go with Lone Wolf. Their carbon fiber Summitt and Summitt II stocks are the lightest out there. They require a good bit of finishing and they cost a good bit, but they are the lightest game in town. Any light rifle is touchy as far as how they shoot off the bench. It does not take much force to equal a good bit of the stationary rifle's mass. But these stocks are not made for bench use-they are made to be hunted with. And at that, they are very, very good

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a McMillan Edge on a MRC barreled action. Fit and finish is first rate, but it took 4 months for delivery. My top choices were; Bansner's High Tech Specialties, Borden's Rimrock and McMillan. Lone Wolf's customers service wasn't getting rave reviews at the various gun/shooting forums.

Posts: 51 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 05 November 2003Reply With Quote