New
Find
Notify
Tools

scout setup on .375H&H
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would like to mount a scout scope on my Sako 75 .375H&H and want to know what the best (not neccessarily the cheapest) way to do this would be.

My thoughts at the moment are of having two blocks made up that replicate the Sako rail welded to the barrel.
That way I can use the QD mount that are on the rifle and have alwas been so good.

otherwise I could put IOR QD mounts if I discover that they are going to be an improvment. I've had these mounts on the rifle for years and they don't change POI so I can't see need to change.
This way I can still take the scope off for travel and install a good peep to replace the factory irons.

Is this a feasable option?

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Express,

Take a look at the Jim Brockman Practical Rifle.

http://www.brockmansrifles.com/bolt_action_prac.asp

He builds these with three sighting options, not counting the iron sights (conventional scope, scout scope, red dot sight).

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a mod 70 that Brockman's put scout mounts on and there work is top notch.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I should have added that I had Jim Brockman put a scout style forward mount on a .416 Rem. I agree he does do good work

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote