New
Find
Notify
Tools

1935 Peruvian
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
fella came to me with a pretty beat up stock and a step barrel that has the Peruvian crest on top of the receiver, Modelo 1935 and FN Belguim like writings on the left side if I can recall it right. The action was very smooth. the rear ladder sight was I suppose was missing and just the rear base, had a williams receiver sight as the back up sightSmiler The rear trigger guard screw looked to be a stove bolt type fastener. The cross bolt area was cracked on both sides. The bore appeared to in very good shape. Some pitting here an there on the receiver but not bad I suppose-seen worse. The rearward area of the receiver on the top was stamped 30--thing is shooting .30-06 ammo and I told him I questioned this. Says it shoots good-wow.

He tried to sell it to me for 200 bucks as is-told him I would offer him just 75 bucks-the receiver would be about the only value of worth. The only catch if I do reconsider is the rear action hole-if that is damaged by that stove bolt is an easy fix?

Should I just pass this up? Heard or read rather thru the archives that this is a desirable action.

thanks

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well I did pick it up for 75.00-hard to get past that smooth action.

REPUBLICA PERUANA- top crest
FAB NAT D'ARMES DEGUERRE-left side
HERSTAL-BELGIQUE -left
MODELO 1935 -right

no obvious serial number, has the charger hump and behind it is marked .30

now I believe I have a 9.3 x 62 project.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was a terrible mistake, I'll send you $50+ shipping so you won't lose to much money. Sounds like you made an excellent score, and the 9,3x62 is a great round

Posts: 276 | Location: MId-Michigan (back in the States) | Registered: 21 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had one of those and it shot better than minute of angle with the issue barrel.