Find
Notify
Tools

project underway - gunsmith selected
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents:

I have been in contact with David Christman and have decided to use his talents to help bring my Model 70 Classic 300 Win Mag conversion to 375 H&H project to life. I will be sending him my action for blueprinting along with necessary replacement parts as a first step. Seems like pretty standard work at this point for the job at hand.

Once that is complete, we will discuss the barrel job I will need done as well as installation of the sighting system.

Anyone else done any work with David?

Incidentally, I will be selling the Winchester 24" factory barrel as well as the factory stock and the scope mounts. All are in excellent condition. PM me for detailed information as I will have photos available soon.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought most of the factory classics in the magnum chamberings came with a 26 inch barrel except for a couple of the first supergrades. I

one of us
posted Hide Post
You made a good selection. He taught me most of what little bit I know and is a close friend. You will be very pleased with your rifle at the end of the project.

Oh, and another thing-David will spoil you when it comes to the schedule. So many custom gunmakers have schedule issues, yet he comes in on time over and over.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
David is a real pleasure to deal with and I hate to see everybody finding him. David has built one rifle for me complete, he has redone 2 for me. He is building a double square bridge Mexican at this time.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw several examples of Davids work at the Shilen Swap Meet. It is first class. You will not be disapointed.

Craftsman

Posts: 1546 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote