New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spider web design on sythetic stock
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know a way to produce those "spider web" finishes that Weatherby and others have on their synthetic stocks? I was thinking of spraying a matte black lacquer base coat and then with a thin paint brush "throwing" red paint over and around the stock - not actualy touching the stock with the brush. When dry, spraying a flat clear over it to lock everything in. Any thoughts?

Posts: 352 | Location: NJ | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
low pressure

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I used "Krylon Webbing Spray" over American Accents Sand Stone (Rust-Oleum).

Posts: 12 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: 27 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might check over at 24hour Campfire. They covered the whole spiderweb deal maybe two months ago.

If I remember, the key seemed to be technique and practice. Like most things. [Big Grin]

Good luck!

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RickBin over on 24hourcampfire.com did my Mcmillan stock in green with black webbing. It looks great. If you go over and search his posts you will get the name of the paint he uses and the technique. I paid him $50.00 to do my stock.

Posts: 355 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote