Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

action blueprinting and Alaskan smiths
 Login/Join

posted
I keep hearing about blueprinting actions and was wondering what that meant. I've had actions trued, lapped and have had trigger work done. What else is there? The reason I'm asking is I have just picked up a M70 7mm stw and would like to have it worked on. I'm also looking for a gunsmith in Alaska to do the work.

Posts: 22 | Location: Aleutian Islands | Registered: 12 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parrett:
I keep hearing about blueprinting actions and was wondering what that meant. I've had actions trued, lapped and have had trigger work done. What else is there? The reason I'm asking is I have just picked up a M70 7mm stw and would like to have it worked on. I'm also looking for a gunsmith in Alaska to do the work.

Give Homer Strickland at Accuracy Arms in Anchorage a call. He's a top flite accuracy nut!

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If its my money I would contact Stan Jackson in Anchorage. He has done a lot of work for me over the years and charges about 50-75% of what Homer charges. Both are very good at what they do.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stan Jackson gets my vote - 907/349-3854 - KMule

Hear and forget. See and remember. Do and understand.

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Homer's prices, but I do like him and his work. Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all. Homer doesn't like Winchesters, so I'll give Stan Jackson a call. Homer did work on a M700 for me last year and his work is very good.

Posts: 22 | Location: Aleutian Islands | Registered: 12 March 2005Reply With Quote