THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Aftermarket stock for Remington 7600 (will 870 fit?)

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aftermarket stock for Remington 7600 (will 870 fit?)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of T3Shooter
posted
Hi, I am contemplating “combat stock†mod for Remington 7600. According to the popular opinion the 7600 uses the same (or very similar) stock components as the 870 pump action shotgun. Would it be possible to fit stock components designed/marketed for 870 model to 7600 without to much effort? I would appreciate some informed comments.

Thanks

Ladies and gentlemen, when I was a young boy I dreamed of being a baseball. But we have to go forward, not backwards, upwards, not forwards, and always twirling, twirling, twirling, towards freedom!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Check w/ www.Brownell's.com and figure they have synthetic stocks for the rifle you mention.
Rem's law enforcement group are now offering the 7600 w/ AR15 mags in 223, but not sure they are available to civilians, but they have synthetic fore and aft stocks.
Favor Center!!
dsiteman

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T3Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but it isn't exactly what I am looking for...
The Remington is already fitted with synthetic stock and I would like to replace it with something like this.
Cheers

Ladies and gentlemen, when I was a young boy I dreamed of being a baseball. But we have to go forward, not backwards, upwards, not forwards, and always twirling, twirling, twirling, towards freedom!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ouch.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, but it isn't exactly what I am looking for...
The Remington is already fitted with synthetic stock and I would like to replace it with something like this.
Cheers

Those stocks would be a very bad idea on a 7600. The geometry of a shotgun stock is much different than what is used for a rifle. Those stocks you are looking at would beat the shit out of your face and neck.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T3Shooter
posted Hide Post
I think I found what I have been looking for. It appears that Sage is marketing telescopic stocks specifically designed for Remington 7600.
Cheers

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I belive if you go to the Remington web site and look in the FAQ page, it mentions that the 7600/7400 stock is the same as the 20 gauge 870 stock, I was looking into that a while ago for a youth length stock for a 7400 myself.

A .22 in hand beats a .45 at home.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a stock in my "collection" that I think came off of a 742. It has really nice figure, which is why I'be been hanging on to it. Drop me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you a picture of it.

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote