THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Help required. Where can I get Rem 700 (Remington) bottom metal etc from

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help required. Where can I get Rem 700 (Remington) bottom metal etc from
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted
Hi all

Can you please tell me where best (in the USA) I can obtain Rem 700 (Remington) bottom metal plus spring, follower and mag housing please?

I am looking for LA, aluminium or whatever the Rem factory stuff is made of for a stainless action etc.

Many thanks

JB

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
www.remington.com
www.brownells.com

I'm pretty sure Google.com could get you even more sources.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Thanks Westpac but I tried Remington first and they are not listed on there and I also can't seem to find them on Brownell's although I could be doing something wrong here.

My obvious thoughts were Remington but they are defo not listed on there.

Thanks anyway.

Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx..._700_ADL_TO_BDL_KITS

You don't have to be converting the gun to get the parts.

Item #078-030-110 Long action standard caliber (30/06 type)

Item #078-030-115 Long action magnum caliber (300 Win Mag type)

Anything else I can do for you?

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway is having a sale this month on the bottom stuff you want.

Greg

Posts: 137 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Williams makes a nice unit for the 700.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3293 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For $700 they ought to come an inlet the stock for you!! dancing

Greg

One of Us
Picture of h2oboy
posted Hide Post
Jon2
As far as remington bottom metal I like PTG.

http://www.pacifictoolandgauge...remington.htm#bottom

The price is very reasonable and the quality is excellent. They are available in aluminum, steel or stainless. You can buy the rest from Brownells or Midway.

Dirk Schimmel
D Schimmel LLC
Dirk@DoubleRifles.Us
1-307-257-9447

Double rifles make Africa safe enough for bolt guns!

Posts: 495 | Location: Gillette,Wyoming | Registered: 16 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the very useful info

Thanks Westpac for the part numbers from Brownells

Not sure what you mean when you say

quote:
You don't have to be converting the gun to get the parts.

but again the Brownells stuff is very useful.

H2O I have looked at the PTG b metal and its looks just the job - good recommendation.

Thanks

JB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GLShooter:
For $700 they ought to come an inlet the stock for you!! dancing

Greg

http://gunloads.com/clients/wi...23563fc1f0318216cb96

Where did you come up with $700?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oops, missed the no $$ sign

:ColoradoMatt
one of us
Posted 27 May 2010 03:48 Hide Post
Williams makes a nice unit for the 700.

Greg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pacific now has some real nice blckburn style bottom metal on there specials page.

Posts: 26 | Location: eagle point  | Registered: 17 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
put in a wtb add in the classified forum. there is usually somebody that will sell you the stuff reasonably

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Thanks Butch

Good idea.

Will do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out this website. Not a bad one piece unit if you ask me.

http://gunloads.com/clients/wi...53a9d2a7707e621f4402

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3293 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
Brownells also offers the Dakota 700 metal. While it is a bit more pricey than the other options at $260, it is another option. As mentioned previously, if you look around for all of these you might be able to find good deals on any of them. In fact, I just picked up this same Dakota metal, in brand new condition in origninal Brownells packing from another site for $150 tonight.

JC

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx...OM_STEEL_FLOORPLATES