THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Certain Sling Swivel attachments, where to find?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have sources for two types of sling swivel attachments that used to show up on rifles. One is the goody that attaches to the stock but is still able to swivel around without turning itself out.

The other is one that I luckily had a couple on an old stock I am not using and gave to my stepfather to find a match for one he has on a rifle already. They take two screws to mount to the wood (hopefully you recess them first) and then have an eye with a permanently attached sling swivel that you run your strap through.

Any of this make sense or do ya'll need pics?

Red
PS
Anybody tried the uncle mike's quick detachable one with the recessed button to release it? Supposed to epoxy one part into the stock then the other one just pops in. just wondering if they "accidently" come undone sometimes.

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

you guys thought I'd let it go.....ha! :-)

Red

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
"One is the goody that attaches to the stock but is still able to swivel around without turning itself out."

I know the one your speaking off and asked this same question a couple times myself. The closest I've found is this. I've not tried it yet but think it'd serve the same purpose. http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=9760&title=QD+FLUSH+SWIVELS

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Red,

Quote:

The other is one that I luckily had a couple on an old stock I am not using and gave to my stepfather to find a match for one he has on a rifle already.

WHAT ????????????? lol, having been around you, I know you can be a lot clearer when you need a beer. LOL

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gads...I think I know what you are talking about...I haven't seen them in quite awhile but there are two suggestions...first of all many military rifles had a similar set up. Buy one surplus and dress it up a little bit. I have seen these on some black powder muskets all the way to some WWII rifles, from many different countries. Also you might try Brownells. They have the swivel base that you inlet to the wood (looks like the old M-70 pre-64 Supergrade swivels) that take Uncle Mikes or similar swivels. I don't think it would be hard to bend some heavy gauge wire, the same gauge as the swivel, and make it permanent in one of the bases from Brownells. Hope this helped a bit...

Posts: 1669 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked at that one, but it seemed to me that if the sling got turned around 90 degrees the end would pop out and there goes the rifle.

Anybody try carrying a rifle with this setup actually in the field?

Red

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Chic,

I've been a bit slow it seems lately, heck, I had that reply sitting here for a couple hours before I remembered to come back and post it. Maybe I need a drink or two. :-)

Red