New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mini Mauser bottom metal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gentlemen: I've received some calls for custom bottom metal for the Mini.

I have converted one by using our trigger guard and will post photos of same, but the time involved doesdn't make it seem like a viable alternative.

If any would care to, please send me your thoughts..I need numbers!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
one of the things i've considered doing with the original bottom metal, but it may be easier to make it instead of modifiying the original bottom metal.
cut bottom metal in half right infront of the trigger bow then rework the front to an in the bow release.
weld the bow back on about a 1/4" higher to resemble a drop box guard. the shorten the trigger to match

Posts: 107 | Location: alvin texas | Registered: 09 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I for one would appreciate some photo's of this.

I really liked the custom bottom metal that you made also.
Isn

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
will the mini work ofr a 6.98spc for my daughter?

I just shot one tonight from a Ruger mini-14...awesome

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post
Interested here - would love to see the prototype.

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where's the pictures Man!! How many rounds will the magazine hold ?...30 maybe.....!! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
under 2.4"

quote:
Originally posted by 333_OKH:
will the mini work ofr a 6.98spc for my daughter?

I just shot one tonight from a Ruger mini-14...awesome

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
this was one of the Ruger carbines with a 16.5 inch snubby barrel. Very unimpressive looking gun, but it shot to 100 yards with impressive accuracy for the gun type.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i built a little rifle in 6.8 spc on a left handed mini mauser for my son several years ago. used the original magazine box and i don't recall any real problems getting it to feed.

Posts: 980 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Max(hm2): Did you do that on a mini with a .223 bolt face? I've had a couple of smiths tell me it isn't possible. Would you like to do one for me?

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2169 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
vol717, i sent you a pm,
thanks, max

Posts: 980 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vol717,
I believe you would use the PPC or 7.62X39 receiver to get the right bolt face.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
thanks. I had an Interarms mini action for years and never thought I would use it so I sold it. It was such a tight and smooth action too.