New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger RSM safety
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know where I can get a safety lever for a Ruger RSM? I tried installing a Timney trigger like I have on several other rifles. I didn't realize the trigger would be too short. I had already filed the safety to fit the Timney and of course it will not work with the factory trigger. If I can’t find one, I guess I’ll have to break down and send it back to Ruger.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clint:
Does anyone know where I can get a safety lever for a Ruger RSM? I tried installing a Timney trigger like I have on several other rifles. I didn't realize the trigger would be too short. I had already filed the safety to fit the Timney and of course it will not work with the factory trigger. If I can’t find one, I guess I’ll have to break down and send it back to Ruger.

I have always done the filing on the Timney trigger & not on the Ruger safety lever just for that reason & I can put the factory trigger back in. I would Tig weld up the spot where you removed metal & refit the safety or weld a extension on the trigger lever & re shape beer

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsturm:

I have always done the filing on the Timney trigger & not on the Ruger safety lever beer

That is a good idea. I'm not a gunsmith and just tried to follow the directions from Timney. I'll try your way next time.

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Clint, when using the standard components of these MKII style triggers to produce something really great, it occaisionally requires resetting the safety engagement. When that happens, it is a simple process to add a spot of weld to the cam and refit the engagement. No sense in sending the unit back to Ruger. You already apparantly have the filing part down Big Grin, if you can't find someone to place a clean little spot of weld on the cam, then PM me for my address and you can send the safety lever here and I will spot it for you. You can then try it again.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote