New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin 1895 Trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there any way to lighten the trigger pull on my Marlin without having to take it to a 'smith? I don't want to lighten it very much, but a little less than the 7# pull it has on it now.

I've seen in Cabellas that they have a trigger set specifically for the 1895, but would it be worth the price?

Posts: 68 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You could try stoning the contact surfaces to remove the burrs, then put a super-slick lubricant between the contact surfaces.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like good advice! Like I said earlier, I really don't need or want a 3# trigger on it. Just something that's not so 'choppy'. I like a smooth, clean break. That would make me completely happy.

Posts: 68 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard that Wild West triggers are really nice. I haven't used one, I sent mine to a smith.Next time I am going to try one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had two Marlin 1895's, and pulling the trigger on them took about as much force as pulling the baling twine off a bale of hay. I thought they were all like that.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote