Find
Notify
Tools

Recoil-pad removal
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 264winmag
posted
I've got a HS-Precision stock off a factory Remington that I want to add a little weight to the rear for balance.For the life of me I cant find any slots that were cut in the pad for screws.Is this thing glued on?Also,how do you guys go about adding weight to the rear of the stock?Thanks

Posts: 56 | Location: parts unknown | Registered: 22 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem when trying to remove the recoil pad off a Winchester syn. stock, now this maybe a bit of a shock, what I ended up doing was use my sliding radial arm saw to cut it off, it worked perfectly and I could have glued the same pad back on, but I put some car bog up the stock and screwed a new pad on so I could ajust the weight I put in, it worked, no worries at all....Les [Razz]

Posts: 115 | Location: Vic Australia | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yes it is glued on. The one I removed off a sendero SF was so I assume your is same Ought to be against the law. I kept working a raqzor blade around the edge eventually pying it off so that i could fil the cavity with lead shot.

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
C-4 works great. Do it when everybody is at work and before the schoolkids get home.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Rootbeer, yeah mate that's the way, C4 is a bit over the top mate but a few wrapes of det cord would do the trick, wouldn't be much left of the stock but shit ya gotta have fun, yeah, like your way of thinking...Les [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 115 | Location: Vic Australia | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used det cord on my first recoil pad removal job, but now I use it exclusively to blow up cats and the odd liberal (they're all odd, aren't they?) I can get drunk in a bar and shanghai back to the Batcave.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote