New
Find
Notify
Tools

My compliments to Mr. Turpin
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Tom, your book entitled "Mastery of Wood and Metal" absolutely continues your fine tradition of bringing exquisite books on custom guns to the public.

I just received my copy yesterday and I almost cannot put it down.

If anyone really wants to know more about The David Miller Company, or custom riflesmiting in general, I heartily recommend this book to anyone.

A bit spendy yes, but the cost will be long forgotten for all of the pleasure you will have reading and owning this book!

What's next Tom????

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe Mr. Turpin would oblige us with an entire volume of like books focusing on a different smith/shop for each book. Echols, Heilman, Wiebe... I'd buy one each.

Posts: 1243 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a copy from Mr. Turpin at the Reno show and I agree, it is a great book with tons of useful info and great pictures of completed rifles and machining set ups.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a booking agent/friend pick me up a copy in Reno. I asked him to have it autographed by Tom, David and Curt which he did.

As far as the books content from what I have read it is very well written and very informative. The quality of paper and printing is also very good.
As far as the actual assembly of the book it is not that great. My book has several pages glued together up about 3/8 inch from the spine. One page was glued together next to the top. I had two pages that was turned in and not trimmed.

If not for the signatures I would have asked for an exchange.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote