New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any pictures of a scoped Chapuis?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been thinking about scoping my Chapuis 9.3x74 with a Leupold 1.5-5, but can't find any mention of bases and rings of any type from the usual sources, plus eye relief will be a challenge. I'm thinking of making a base and using Warne QD rings. Surely someone else has done this. Pictures?

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=607104876#607104876

Dale Nygard has the Chapuis factory rings and bases, although sometimes they take a little light gunsmithing to put on.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1582 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
MAK makes a swing off that you install just by removing the factory blocks from the rib. You can install it yourself. Contact them via email and tell them which scope you wish to use and they will tell you which mount you need. They require various heights because of various Objective lense size. I replaced the blocks in mine with blocks cut to fit Ruger rings and they worked perfectly. Not a big problem as the rib comes with factory removable blocks. There are pics on another post of my Merkel (the thread is 'Rottweill' in double rifles) with MAK mounts that I installed in less than a half hour although they have a front dovetail from the factory. The MAK mounts were about $500 and delivery was less than a week.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
+1 on the rings from dale nygaard.... they took about 15 minutes of tip burn's gunsmith time to make them fit... i'm using an older redfield 2x7x20 scope on mine.....i'll try and get a picture of it later....rusty has his chapuis scoped, and he used a different set of rings/bases...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote