New
Find
Notify
Tools

What new projects are you working on?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here's a few of mine, plus a couple that are in the "functional un-finished" stage. Couldn't remember how to post individual pictures, so this is a link to a Yahoo album. Any help w/ posting would be appreciated.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/getzentm/lst?.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/getzentm/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t&.view=t

270 Win -- Argentine action. Just got a new PME 2 pos safety (thanks J Kobe for the shroud). Awaiting a new classic style walnut stock, then goodbye Tupperware. The action is also getting altered (charger hump removed), then a polished blue; the barrel will stay matte. The Leupold scope (not pictured) will be mounted low w/ Burris bases & rings.

416 Taylor -- Just got a new PME 3 pos. safety. I haven't gotten around to buying it yet, but it will get a Leupold 2.5x in Warne QR bases / rings. Still have to checker it too.

7x57 (Brazilian '08): This is pretty much ready to go. I have already shot it, in a spare junk stock. Works nice. That's a Lyman 48 receiver site; it has a backup island rear sight on the barrel, with a folding leaf. The front is a masterpiece banded ramp. Stock is in the works right now, shaping up as a trim little number, with a short (for me) length of pull. It's getting a schnabelized chunk of ebony on the end, something I saw & liked on a Sabi rifle.

M48A: just refinishing the stock & rebluing the metal. The stock is a plain but pretty piece of walnut. Shoots nice, about a foot high. Maybe a new front sight blade?

Not pictured: VZ-24 getting made into a 35 Whelen. It will have a quarter rib, masterpiece band front, walnut classic style stock, PME 2 pos safety. I'm still trying to decide on the bolt handle, between the Dakota style on the 270 and the straight down Talley on the 416.

Baker shotgun -- 12 ga. SXS: late model made by Folsum Arms; I might refinish the wood.

So, what are you working on?

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What the ...

Album link not working? Help please.

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Can't find the album Todd. Just cut & paste the web addy.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote