New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser synthetic stock question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So I am about to receive a 1935 Mauser in .35 whelen off the classifieds. The stock it comes with is not checkered and is a bit chunky for my taste. I would like to put it in a synthetic stock, either a bell and Carlson or mcmillian. I may even entertain laminiate. Are there gunsmiths that will take the barreled action and fit it to the synthetic stock for me? Most of the known guys only really want to work with wood.

Gun has nice open sights and timney trigger already. I don't have any pictures except what is from the original classified post.

Posts: 1280 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could also send your barreled action into McMillan and they will fit it for you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with them today. My only issue is that no longer offer bedding services, so if it ended up needing it I would be stuck with sending it out again. I would rather send it to one person who ideally could shoot to ensure accuracy.

Posts: 1280 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe MRC does their rifles with McMillian stocks for their work. You might try them.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
The "shooting to ensure accuracy" part might concern me. No one can take someone else's work, fit it to a stock, and ensure accuracy. They can only insure that their work was done correctly. If it had issues unrelated to the bedding, well,they can't be responsible for that.
PM me if you want it fitted and bedded. But I can't guarantee that it will shoot sub MOA. I guarantee it will shoot as well, or better, than it does now.

Posts: 17292 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try https://robarguns.com/custom-weapons/

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Epoxy bedding with Accraglass or Bisonite or any Marine epoxy from a DIY store is easy.

It just needs some patience and reading up correct info and implementing it.

Very satisfying to see the end result when well done.

Don't ask me about stuffing up a bedding job ...... Big Grin

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11253 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 304 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://www.mpistocks.com/index.htm

I happen to love the 2 MPI stocks I have. I did the work myself. I know some have been disappointed in MPI

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post