Find
Notify
Tools

Bright Rust Blue
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Guys

I'm starting to think about bluing my VZ-33. I may be a bit out of step with current fashions (or indeed any fashion at all !!) but I like a brighter blue rather than one that tends to black. I understand that a blacker rust blue is more durable but I still like a bright blue - after all we were brought up here down under on Lee Enfields from BSA etc.

I'll have a hell of a job getting any off the shelf solutions down here in NZ, but I do have access to Angiers book (and will probably still have a battle to find the right chemicals).

So . . . what types (families ??) of solutions tend to give a brighter type of blue.

Cheers - Foster

bs

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
formula c26 out of angiers, reduced many times....cut 16x if memory serves, 8x for your intial rustings. I personally find rust blue to be black when properly down, I have never been able to get a real blue color. Good luck with it. Boy do I wish I was on the South Island chasing critters right now(I went last year at this time), the snow is just melting off here and spring is comming.
Steve

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote