New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lone Wolf Stocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody have experience with Lone Wolf rifle stocks. They look to be the lightest stock I have found. There doesn't look to be whole lot to grab onto though.

Posts: 34 | Location: Kenai, AK | Registered: 30 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wayne Elmer
posted Hide Post
blackfoot,

Look up at the top of your post for the "Find" icon and do a search for "lone wolf stock". You will find lots of posts about them.

I have not used one myself. The consensus is mixed (like most topics on this site). Some like them, some don't. Look it up on the search function and you will find lots of comments.

Good luck,
Wayne E.

Posts: 119 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like them a lot. Best way to go when building true Alpine rifles. They are harder to shoot of a bench and get good groups, but that does not mean anything in the field (those little bench groups only matter when sitting in your house surfing the web!). At first glance and handle they do feel different, but I like them. And I really like them after days under a heavy pack.

But the barrel channel is WAY too narrow for the CF barrels you asked about earlier. But as stated in my other posts, a plain barrel will be lighter any way. That is what you want when going for the ultimate in light weight

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BF

This is not exactly answering what you asked, but have you considered a McMillan hunters EDGE? McMillan are a very good company to deal with and this new line of stocks is plenty light.

Fergus

Posts: 266 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

I have considered the Hunters' EDGE. I am leaning towards it if I don't have the barrel wrapped in carbon fiber, but will go with the Christensen Arms stock if they wrap my barrel. They both are about the same weight. Anybody know the differences?

Posts: 34 | Location: Kenai, AK | Registered: 30 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one of their tactical styles, That actually had a carbon barreled rifle fitted.It is definitely lighter than the mcmillans I have played with as far as tacticals go. pretty nice stock but all it took was getting caught in some branches while slung over the shoulder on an atv to rip out the front swivel stud killpccourse it did just about that much damage to the nitwit carying it.

One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
blackfoot: I put a Lone Wolf stock (Summit in granite greeen) on a Colt Light 300 mag. a couple years ago and really like it. Makes for a very light rig to tote. Bob was very good to deal with and I'm very pleased; good bedding and very accurate.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put one on my M70 300 WSM. Love it! Lighter than my McMillan; more grip because of the rough (grittier) finish and superb bedding. Limbsaver pad makes it quite comfortable to shoot. You get to choose your color. I got the grey which looks great with a stainless barrel.

Marc

Posts: 53 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 28 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the beded Lone Wolf CF Summit II for a Rem 700 LA, painted, with Limbsaver installed weighs 14.6 oz. Nothing else out there will touch that.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wayne Elmer
posted Hide Post
For comparison purposes, I just put a McMillan Edge stock on my Win M70 long action. The stock with paint, bedding, studs, and a one inch Decellerator pad weighs 22.9 ounces. It is a very nice stock, molded-in checkering, very stiff, and great feel. It is definitely not as light as the Lone Wolf stock.

Regards, Wayne E.

Posts: 119 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote