What brand bases are these?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=51611937

For a FN Mauser

Anyone know what brand bases these are?

Not the rings

Redfield is the only one I know of that have that short rear base. But they dont have a extension front base like this pic , or like the luepold front ext base.

Useing a luepold front ext/base and a redfield short rear for a mauserfn doesnt work, hights are different

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The bases may be Millet.

I cannot remember Burris making bases with contours like that.

The rings are Burris.

The rifle is expensive.

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I am missing something, but how does NECG come into the equation?

Their mounts are completely different so far as I can tell.

This rifle is nothing more than a Belgian Browning with off the shelf bases and rings installed.

-Spencer

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I vote for Millett, the contour on the front base looks like all the rest of theirs.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bent Fossdal
posted Hide Post
Thees bases have been worked with. Look at the front of the front base, it has been worked with a file.

So, not Millet, since those are casted, so my guess is they originated as Redfield bases, with Leupold as nr. 2, or a mix of different makers, worked to fit.

Bent Fossdal
Reiso
5685 Uggdal
Norway

Posts: 1707 | Location: Norway | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They look alot like some mid-1980s vintage Simmons bases. My favorite 'smith thinks that they are the best looking of all the Redfield turn-in style of base.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those are luepold rings. Looks Like a luepold front base that someone filed on. Looks like a redfield rear base.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't help you with the front base but the rear is most likely a Redfield. I had one just like it on a FN Mauser. The front base from that set (vintage circa 1970) was pretty much like the current offerings.

If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk.

Posts: 408 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The rings look like Millet.
Mounts don't loke anything made recently by Burris or Leupold

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The front and rear may very well be different brands.

The rings are Burris, no room for debate in my opinion, check out their current production rings and you will see the same shape and torx screws.

-Spencer