Find
Notify
Tools

Pics of Laminate [Semi or Custom Stocks]
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Could you please... Big Grin

Post pictures of your Custom or Semi-Custom LAMINATE STOCK RIFLE?

I'm thinking its the route I want to go for my next project...

This is the time to SHOW and TELL guys!!!

Thanks! clap popcorn clap popcorn clap popcorn clap popcorn clap

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Excuse the quality of the pics, these are from my days of using a cheap camera and a scanner..... This is a M70 30-06, Douglas barrel and a Acra-bond semi inlet Bastogne stock. I was real happy with it, especially at the reasonable prices they had prior to becoming Serengetti. The slices match very well color wise and are very hard to see. I gave it to my brother in law for a Graduation gift. It shoots very well. The Burris scope fogged up on his first elk hunt with it Mad I sent it back and got another but gave him a B&L scope and it's work fine since

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A couple of Serengeti stocked rifles....

A customized M700 Varmint restocked with a laminated Bastogne blank:

This is a Stiller Predator action stocked with a laminated Claro blank:

On that latter stock, this is where the lamination is the most obvious, other than that it is really inconspicuous...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing guys...

Those are some very BEAUTIFUL pieces you got there...

Pure Class... clap clap

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Here's another, this one built by Duane Wiebe.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mho; That's a very nice looking laminated stock !. As they all are !.
Mho; Is that a #3 piece laminate ?.

I believe I'll glue up some blanks an send them out to be pattern duplicated .

I've often thought about a #5 piece with alternating color an grain contrasts .

I have some nice Indian an South American Rosewood , Thailand Teak Crows ash .

I've also kicked around the Idea of a slightly different laminate Bocote and either Canary wood or Zebrano (Zebrawood ) .

I think I will try Zebrano an Bocote first as the weight of one off sets the others weight.

Multiple .500" width X 1.0" height strips of alternating color placement .

I'll lay it out in the computer first and see what ends up where upon pattern cut .

I have K's of Bd Ft. of exotics , an I can't take it with me !.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:
Here's another, this one built by Duane Wiebe.

Pretty cool looking piece you got there...

BTW what is it chambered for and what type of scope bases and rings is it wearing???
VERY interesting looking rifle, again I say SUPER COOL!!!.....Good job and thanks for sharing! clap clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.K:
Mho; Is that a #3 piece laminate ?.

Yes, I believe both are 3 piece laminates. The lower number of laminate layers makes the lamination less conspicuous - compared to the original 5 piece laminate.

How much the lamination shows up largely depends on colour variation within the blank. Serengeti do their best to have figure within the blank match up. Naturally there are limits to how far down this road they can go.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
May be a little off the "subject", but I was pretty darn proud of the effort extended on the Enfield action...it's a 458 Lott. I have to thank Tom Burgess for his input on the action modifications. (lots)

Off the top of his head, he was giving me dimensions, specs, welding info...on and on...after about 45 minutes, I asked him if he must have just done one..his answer was...no....about 1949 (The time of this conversation? about 1995!)

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Accurate Innovations - Varminter stock

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12596 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
May be a little off the "subject", but I was pretty darn proud of the effort extended on the Enfield action...it's a 458 Lott. I have to thank Tom Burgess for his input on the action modifications. (lots)

Off the top of his head, he was giving me dimensions, specs, welding info...on and on...after about 45 minutes, I asked him if he must have just done one..his answer was...no....about 1949 (The time of this conversation? about 1995!)

Mr Wiebe, thank you very much for the info...You folks pulled off a BEAUTY as usual...I think its quite unique and I like it!

clap clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Frank thanks for posting...I like the stock and the entire set-up...real nice!!! clap clap

August will be here in no time buddy...You will love Namibia for sure...Safe hunting my friend!

one of us
posted Hide Post

This is a Richard's Microfit laminate. Always wanted to do a full length and decided to do it with a laminate for stability.

Fast Ed

Measure your manhood not by success, but by significance.

Posts: 128 | Location: Delafield, Wi. | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote