New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW Win MDL 94 Locks up- HELP!
 Login/Join

<bstogsdill>
posted
EDIT 1/30/01: GOOD NEWS: USRAC is mailing my gun to a repair center for a warranty repair!!.

I just bought a new MDL 94AE in 357 mag and the magazine dumps rounds into the lower portion of the receiver and jams the gun as the bolt has the round being loaded about 1/2 into the chamber. I have to pick out all hte rounds from the bottom of the reciever with the lever open.

It apears that the arm that raises and guides the shell into the chamber is staying up too long or the magazine release is releasing too soon. The magazine release appears to be one piece with the lever handle. I am wonderiung if there is a screw or spring or somthing that can be adjusted to make it work.

IS there any field adjustment on the action timing that can be made, or should I send it back US Repeating Arms to have it fixed? I I would like to fix it and use it, but I dont wan't to take it apart since it is new, unless I know I can fix it.

Are MDL 94's any good? I am thinking I should have bought a Marlin?

Thanks for any suggestions

Brad

[This message has been edited by bstogsdill (edited 01-30-2002).]

one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
bstogsdill,

See my post in Big Game Hunting section with the topic "why handgun cartridges in a rifles". You will know loat of this regarding chamber of you lever 94.

------------------
BER007
Keep the faith in any circumstances
------------------------
BBER007@HOTMAIL.COM

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<migra>
posted
You shouldn't have to fix a new rifle.
SEND IT BACK!

<Zeke>
posted
1. Send it Back
2. Buy a Marlin
3. When USRAC sends your M94 back, sell it to help defray the cost of buying a Marlin.

ZM

<Oldmodel70>
posted
Brad, I have an original model 92 Winchester rebored and rechambered from 32-20 to 357 Magnum, that has the identical feeding problem. I am having my rifle fixed by a gunsmith friend of mine. When I get it back, I will post the fix on this forum. Seems like one of the gunsmiths out there must have some idea of what is wrong with your rifle....rather than just recommending you get rid of it, or send it back.........Grant.

------------------

<Hanz>
posted
Brad,

I'm with Migra and Zeke on this one. I don't mean to kick you when you're down, but I've been there done that.

I used to shoot a 94AE in .45 Colt at Cowboy Action Shooting matches. As my speed increased, the carrier or elevator would snap up and eject the loaded cartridge out of the top of the gun before the bolt could close and chamber it. I switched to a Marlin Cowboy as I had seen a lot of them and they worked, period. I knew one thing for sure, the rounds couldn't come out of the top! The Marlin never let me down.

Regardless of brand any gun you buy should work. Be patient and let USRAC fix it. It should be fine. My gun may have been unique as I haven't seen others do the same.

Keep your chin up!

Hanz