Need a gunsmith in Tulsa, OK
 Login/Join

<BWN300MAG>
posted
Any info would be appreciated. I need a good gunsmith in Tulsa, OK who can:
1. Slick up an action.
2. Install a Timney trigger.
3. Install a ghost ring site.
All work will be done on a cz full stock 9.3x62. It just came in the other day and the action is sticky and I hate the single set trigger on a possibe backup DGR.

Please do not refer me to McKool's. But any other suggetions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian why are you limiting yourself to Tulsa? It takes very little money to ship anyplace in the USA to a really qualified gunsmith. Not saying that you won't find one in Tulsa, but I sure wouldn't limit myself to a place that I coud put my chin on a smith's shoulder.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
<BWN300MAG>
posted
Butch, I wouldn't be opposed to shipping it off somewhere other than Tulsa, but since it is so much fun shipping a firearm these days, I am just trying for some local support here to avoid all of that if possible. I have no intention of putting my chin on the smith's shoulder. From my experience with gunsmith's, that is last thing one should do. But I also don't want it to take a year for someone to install a trigger, a sight, and slap some lapping compund on the rifle. Thanks for the comment and do you know of a smith in Poetry, Texas who would be able to help? Thank you for your comments.

Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not in Tulsa but pretty close. Just up the road about 50 miles. I would be glad to do the work for you.

Posts: 328 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian, I didn't mean it to come out the way that it looks. What little work that I do is for myself only. Do you live close to Owosso?
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
<BWN300MAG>
posted
Nick,

Any idea how much (best guess) on price? What about turn around time? Thanks for the offer.

Butch,

I didn't take it anyway, no offense given and non taken (hopefully that is true of both sides) I am about 10 minutes from Owasso. Whatcha got in mind?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have family there. Drs. Paul and Teri Cook. They just moved there from Texas. He is an OBGYN and she is a dentist. Being an OKIE, I get there from time to time. With the property tax situation in Texas, Okla. might be a good place to retire.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian,

Check your PM

Posts: 328 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With Quote