New
Find
Notify
Tools

MRC Pro Hunter Action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
First I would like to thank everyone who is trying to push everyone else to get our Pro Hunter action going. Your help has increased the sales tremendously. Unfortunately we are still not there yet.

We have put our heads together and worked out an easier way for everyone to afford this action. We realize that there are people who cannot afford $525 up front (like me) and we thought we would make it easier. It will increase the number we need to sell, but not by that much.

What we have come up with is this:

1. Once we hit the number we need to reach to start the tooling we will only charge the customer $200.00
2. After about 4-6 months (time for tooling to be completed) we will charge the customer another $200.00
3. Once the first parts hit the door we will charge the customer the remaining balance of $125.00 + S/H charges.

This gives everyone time to save money to pay for it, and doesn't commit you to $525 right away. Before we charge anyone the initial $200 we will contact each and every one of you who have one on order. And at any time after you are charged the 1st $200 if you decide to cancel, we will honor that and credit you back ASAP.

Being that this is a new way to do it, I would really appreciate any input from current customers and future customers. I realize there will be some positive comments and some negative comments. I welcome them all as it can only make us better.

Dan

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Dan,

I think that this is a good way to go about it. It forces a committment on both sides and mitigates some of the risk on both sides.

We do this kind of thing (payment on completed mile stones) in our business all the time. Makes you (the supplier) hungry for the revenue and striving for the next mile stone and us (the customer) committed, incrementally.

Atleast your not charging us NRE (non-recoverable engineering) fees...

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan-

First of all, I am still "in" as far as my order goes. I will call you regarding some of the modified details.

Secondly, how far does this raise the bar in terms of the number of units required to go into production. The original threshold was 250 units. Going at it this new way, what will be the required number of units to start production?

Thirdly, when you last posted on the PH, you had 75-80 units ordered, have you had some additional orders?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Sounds good to me.

Whatever, gets things moving the quickest. I know the actions are going to be great!

I am looking fowarding to seeing pictures and final design of the actions. I understand
that the PH will deviate from the M1999 as it is solely the brain child of MRC rather
than using the M70 as a basis for design.

Will you have a spec sheet available for the PH? I liked the specs provided for the M1999
on the acrabond website?

http://www.acrabondlaminates.com/m1999specs.pdf

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds very reasonable.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oops, er, mea culpa.

Our working arrangement with MRC has evolved since we put that page up. We don't sell actions stand alone, we make rifles with them. The page says different, because we wrote it before we had our plan in place. Kinda like talking before thinking.

Still, the spec sheet is good and will stay even when we change the text (soon).

Posts: 108 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 30 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rod-

Tthe PH will most likely have a different "footprint" than the M1999.

Are you going to plug that into your CDC software and be in a position to do stocks for the PH?

Best regards,

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I'm still in!!!

jeffe

Posts: 39660 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I should be starting the prototype on the PH action soon on our rapid prototyping machine. Will most likely have to call on Rod @ Acrabond to help me set it up (hint hint). We are planning on doing Right and Left hand prototypes to be ready for the Shot Show.

Dan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah I am still in,

I am in no hurry as I have another project on the go at the moment anyway

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan-Please give a considerstion to making action a little
thicker, with 1.25 barrel threads to match the bigger
bolt diameter.I will get one for sure if you do.Maybe
more.Ed..

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

I seem to remember last Christmas eve, going in at 11:00pm and still there are 7:00am Christmas morning, running that PatternMaster. I don't mind helping on the setup, as long as someone else does the baby sitting. And those puppies have a LOT of volume, which means a LOT of jet time.

Posts: 108 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 30 April 2003Reply With Quote