New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone do a .35/.284 ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Was wondering if any one might have done or used one ? I was going to do a .358 win in a short action bolt rifle but would you get a little more power from the wildcat ? Something between the .358 win and .35 whelen ? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 367 | Location: Farmington, Mo | Registered: 07 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clymer lists a reamer drawing for it. Someone may have made one up.

The thing is that it just will not be practical. There never will be a factory cartridge and necking up that far is going to be a lot of work.

It's just a lot easier to get a .35 Whelan rifle or a 350 Rem Mag.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have one i made on a short action remington. the only problem(?) i had was getting the bullets seated in relation to the length of the mag box. like i can't use ballistic tips. to seat them to fit in the mag, they have to be pushed in to deep below full diameter, then they fall in the case. the year i got it done i took it on two deer hunting trips. settled on sierra bullets. five times i touched the trigger resulted in five dead deer from sixty to 269 lasered yards.

Posts: 128 | Location: southeastern pa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote