Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement stock for a Howaby Vanguard
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted
I am thinking of of replacing the Tupperware stock on my Howaby Vanguard with this Bell and Carlson model http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=156452

It looks a lot like the one Weatherby sells on their site for $100 more. I'm on a budget. McMillan and the other higher priced stocks are not an option. I get the FFL discount at Midway so my price is pretty attractive.

Is this B&C stock any good?

Thanks
ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bell & Carlson is an excellent product for the money.

I did the same exact thing to my Howa and it tightened groups by 1/2 MOA (down to a 3/4 MOA avg.), made the rifle more comfortable to shoot (the Weatherby stock design is ugly but functional, and it included a Pachmayr Deccelerator pad), and it actually looked better in gray/black spiderweb than the boring black stock it came with.

I bought a Medalist stock, the one with the aluminum bedding block in it.

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Boyd makes some excellent stocks for that rifle. A buddy put one of their laminates on his Vanguard and loves it.

RSY

The real work of men was hunting meat. The invention of agriculture was a giant step in the wrong direction, leading to serfdom, cities, and empire. From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information. - Edward Abbey

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the B&C stock in basic black. The black/grey stock was a 60 day special order and it cost more money.

One Tupperware stock down. One to go.

ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote