New
Find
Notify
Tools

More 1903 Turk pics
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Now it has a barrel - LW in 7x57. Rear sight not mounted yet, but it will be the NECG masterpiece adjustable model. I have a bastogne stock styled like a German Mauser sporter, with lots of drop, short slim forend, and schnabel forend tip.

Someday, this will get finished, likely not soon. It will be open sights only. I may look into having the rear bridge made into a square bridge similar to how they came from the factory. Any one have any suggestions on that?

The action BTW is a 1903 Turk, cleaned up a lot. Other derivatives of this intermediate, small threaded action include the 1909 Peruvian, and 1935 Peruvian. Doug Humbarger barrelled it.

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks good, I like 1903 Turks and I like LW barrels, but open sights?
With my eyes no scope means big game at close range.
I had 20-20 vision 15 years ago.
Maybe you should plan on getting old.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd,
I to like the 1903 Turk. They were a well made German action unless you happen to get one the Turk's screwed up.
I bought 30 of them for future project's. The high charger hump is a natural for tieing a square bridge into and I also like the longer front ring.I was pleased to see your's as I am getting ready to square bridge another one right now, but I won't get it finished until some time this summer. To many other project's.

Posts: 67 | Location: Eddington,Maine, | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ron what are the demensions of the Turk barrel threads? Specifically how deep or long is the threaded stib?

Posts: 187 | Location: eastern USA | Registered: 06 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Should be standard small ring - .980" diam. w/ a .630" stub, 12 tpi / 60 degrees. IIRC. Someone please correct me if this is not right.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
55� Whitworth.

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Todd,
That's the "standard" for a small ring..

jeffe

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 1903 Turk has a longer front ring than a regular small ring. I just measured the one I am getting ready to put a square bridge on at 0.705 that will vary slightly depending on who cuts the culvert off the front. Dia. 0.980 12 TPI 55deg. You can run a 60 deg tap in and thread the barrel 60 deg if you want.

Posts: 67 | Location: Eddington,Maine, | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd,
If you are interested here are some picture's of the first square bridge I did I think about 3 year's ago.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jag1989

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
The Turk receiver thread length on your rifle is .705.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug,
After cutting off the hand guard retainer this one measured 0.705 from the front of the reciever to the c-ring. That was cutting just enough to clean it up.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
That is one worthwhile project. All the right ingredients. I've never owned an 09 Peruvian or 03 Turk, always wanted one.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger Ferrell can hook you up with a square bridge also.

Mike

Posts: 324 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info. I will try to contact him. Is he a board member?

Todd

one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, no luck with searching here. How do I reach Roger Farrell?

Todd

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.shooting-hunting.com/results.html?Keywords=Custom+Rifles&FoundID=75

Address: 130 WHITE OAK CT FAYETTEVILLE, GA 30214

Voice: 1-770-460-0533 Fax:

Keywords: CUSTOM RIFLES,

I would assume this is the guy, as Ready-on-the-right is in GA and so is this Roger Ferrell gunsmith.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes that's him!!

He ha s done some work for me, as well as a handful of other board members. Very good guy!

I believe he very rarely looks at the boards, he's too busy making awesome rifles

Mike

Posts: 324 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote