New
Find
Notify
Tools

need gunsmith
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need a gunsmith to put a set of barrel rifled slug barrel on an shotgun action,i been on this subject before but they keep telling me to settle for a 45-70caliber but i can buy that.So they can contact me at fourbore@verizon.net. thank

Posts: 190 | Location: new castle,de. | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would assume since you say set, that you are talking about a double barreled shotgun action. There are several gunsmiths who will make barrels for double rifles and you could probably talk one of them into making a set of 12ga, if the rifled blanks were available. My wild assed guess would be you are looking close to 10K for this project. You might try and contact Ellis Brown in Ft. Collins, CO. He wrote the book on building double rifles on shotgun actions. I seem to remember that he advertised on his website that he would build a set of barrels, and I think it was around 7K, but that was several years ago. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Posts: 121 | Location: on the road | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote