Find
Notify
Tools

22 jet # 1 Ruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
clapGot my #1 Ruger converted from .223 to 22 Rem Jet back from Jim Kobe in record time. Arrived in great condition and reloaded ammo with .224 dia. bullets chamber just fine. We used the original Ruger Barrel. Come Wed. we'll see how it shoots. I certainly appriciate the attention and skill Jim Kobe put into this project. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now if he can get all that stuff out of the way he can start on my 9.3X62.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Now if he can get all that stuff out of the way he can start on my 9.3X62.
Butch

clapPut your bushings to work making up my new wildcat; 22 Jet rimless. Will probably do some serious fire forming Wed. More toys more fun. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
and you didn't post photos! bartshe!

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
and you didn't post photos! bartshe!

Never learned how to post photos,Doug.Some sort of computer phoebea I guess. Be glad to E-Mail them to you, however, if you PM me your E-Mail address. The before fireing and after fireing of the rimless might be of interest. beerroger

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Email away! I will be glade to post the photos for you. blkdouglas@charter.net

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:

fishingI should have the fire formed 22 Jet rimless Wed. evening. Will E- Mail all the photos as quick as I can. beerroger

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:

fishingE mailed photos coming atcha.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Here they are.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here they are.

waveThanks Doug.
The range work today went well. The accuracy wasn't all that great but load developement was OK.
Roll EyesStayed on the mild side with various bullets useing 2400 and T680.Got up to 3150 fps with 34 grain HP Varmint Nite Mares, 3000 fps + with 40gr.FBHP Berger's 2600 FPS. with 52gr. FBHP Berger's.and 2570 FPS. with 50gr. Rem. sp
EekerThe el cheapo 50gr. Rem.sp were MOA mostly: some loads a little larger.
EekerThe rimless inovation that were fire formed gave a 5 shot 1/2" group at 50 yds.
Roll EyesThe rimless as depicted with telescopeing shoulders was done with Butch Lamberts bushings. In the group of three showing less corragation the two on the ends were the fire formed cases done at intentionly lower pressure. They will have better appearance next time out.
The rifle loads, fires and ejects both the rimed and rimless versions thanks to the Magic of Jim Kobe.
CoolThe rimless were made from .223 RP cases
coffeeThe rimed were made from PPU cases , whatever that is and has a 1 cc useable capacity.
holycowRemington Rimed Jet cases have a 1.08 cc capacity. Did not fire any of these today.
clapwill continue to climb the ladder to establish resonable max. loads and most preferential bullet and powder combinations.
spaceHEY I had a great day today topped off with a cheeseburger. I also want to take this opportunity to congradulet Millers on their 64 calory LITE beer.Will be glad to field any questions! beerroger

PS Thanks again ,Doug

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WHEW!!!! some relief here. I looked at the pictures of the brass and thought, "holy shit, is that the way the cases came out after fire forming?"

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
WHEW!!!! some relief here. I looked at the pictures of the brass and thought, "holy shit, is that the way the cases came out after fire forming?"

popcornI'll send you photos of the next fire formed rimmless cases. The rimmed come out just beautifull. Nice Job ,Jim. thumbroger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you sure the No.1 can safely handle that cartridge?

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DougH9:
Are you sure the No.1 can safely handle that cartridge?

homerI guess we'll just have to find out. nillyroger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess we'll just have to find out.

Proof it tied to tire and triggered with a long string.

Nice rifle, BTW.