New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Gunsmithing Supply Catalog
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I like my Brownell's catalog a whole lot. There are some things I'd like to buy that I can't find in there, though (a plain black Patridge front sight that fits a standard 3/8" dovetail ramp, for instance). What catalogs do you recommend?

H.C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Crowkiller>
posted
Check item #011-001-065 (.65 wide) or #011-001-100 (.1 wide), page 267 of cat. # 54. These are oversize dovetail front sight "blanks". They come square with a slightly oversized dovetail, and can be filed to any shape you want. I am doing this on a current project, and like you had looked everywhere for a straight patridge front sight. You may also check Dixie Gun Works or Mountain State Muzzleloading Supplies (both muzzleloading supply catalogs). MSM had some Millet sights that might work, or a square blade for a T/C Hawken could be altered as well, but I think these are sized for barrel dovetails in muzzleloading rifles, so would probably require as much work as the others.
Good Luck
Crowkiller

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Try Gun Parts Corporation www.gunpartscorp.com Catalog is $10 I think but will be the best money you spent on a catalog in a long time.

midway www.midwayusa.com has a gunsmithing catalog now too, kinda limited but it is free so might as well get one.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote