Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmith Ultrasonic Cleaning System by Crest
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,
I would greatly appreciate any first hand knowledge regarding a professional quality gunsmith ultrasonice cleaning system with a tank large enough to hold a barreled action. I'm looking at the Krest unit from Brownells. It runs $7K retail and something less than $5785 minus a 20% one time discount for graduating from CST. Leaves me at $4628 for the kit. Thoughts and other suggestions very much appreciated... Have looked at Elma of Germany and have yet to find a pan big enough for a barreled action. Any first hand input would be greatly appreciated...

FIREARMS CLEANING & LUBRICATING SYSTEM

Mfr: CREST ULTRA SONICS

Powerfully Removes Gun Powder, Carbon Dirt & Oil In Just Minutes; Leaves The Entire Firearm Clean & Lubricated

A real time saver for the busy shop or department armorer with lots of guns to clean. Exclusive Tru-Sweep™, ultrasonic technology is powerful enough to thoroughly clean heavily-fouled, field-stripped firearms in just minutes; leaves them ready for lubrication or refinishing. For multiple firearm cleaning operations, actual output is increased many times over hand cleaning; parts are restored to a uniform standard of factory new cleanliness. Industrial transducers produce a fully active, 125° F. heated tank without dead or hot spots for fast, uniform cleaning end to end. Guns come out ready for a hot water rinse followed by ultrasonic lubrication.

F636HT - Designed for turn around on large volume cleaning. Industrial-quality tank includes drip-proof flange, built-in carry handles and full width V-bottom oil pan with anti-splash dampers. Standard 2,000 watt adjustable tank heater plus sound/thermal insulation maintains water temperatures up to 200° F; lets you parkerize guns in the same tank. Separate power unit with variable power adjustment and half wave power switch allow full control of cleaning intensity. Will simultaneously clean 10 handguns or 4 long guns. Kit includes one, full-length lube pan, two heavy-duty weapon racks with five removable compartments, lube pan cover, tank cover, 2 gallons CC235 cleaning concentrate, and 6 gallons of CC400L lubricant; enough to clean and lubricate up to 1,000 guns.

SPECS: Tank - 14 ga. 316L annealed stainless steel, bright finish. 36" (91cm) x 6" (15cm) x 8" (20cm). 5-¾ gal. (21L) capacity. Rack and Lube Pan - Stainless steel 35-½" (90cm) long, 6" (15cm) wide. Heater-16 amps @ 120 VAC, requires 20 amp dedicated circuit. Generator-8ams @ 120 VAC.

Note: Shipped Truck only. Please call for freight charges.

Regards, Matt Garrett
Chesapeake, Virginia
757-581-6270

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I only have a table top Crest unit. It handles two hand guns at a time. It is marvelous. Just field strip and remove the grips. Put them in for five to fifteen minutes depending on how distracted I get, shake the cleaning solution off, rinse put in the water displacing lubricant for a few minutes, take out and shake off; let dry on a towel, reassemble - Looks like brand new. Basically zero effort.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Unit5A
posted Hide Post
http://www.thomasnet.com/nsearch.html?cov=NA&what=Clean...43&navsec=prodsearch

Not sure if I am helping much, but I used to work with, searched for, and have bought industrial cleaners for aerospace a few times; ultra-sonic and aqueous degreasing systems, etc. I posted this link from "Thomas Register" that you may want to browse around in, and maybe find somebody to buy/make you what you are looking for if not satisfied. The T. Register (if not familar) is a pretty good place to find information on companies, types of equipment, custom made tools, etc.; and if nothing else a good place to start sometimes.
Just some info if still looking, good luck.

"Hunt smart, know your target and beyond"

Posts: 394 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 20 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
I greatly appreciate the input...

Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the commercial ultrasonics (like the $7K one in our shop) is the best device you can possibly find to destroy the finish on any blued, anodized, or parkerized finish. They don't clean worth a damn either, parts must be rinsed in water extensively, dried, and lubed. When covered they make a great $7000 bench.

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote