New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmithing/stockmaking
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've not been a member here for too long, but I can tell that we are blessed with a lot of skill and knowledge.

My curiousity has me wondering just how many of you guys are "professionals" at the game?

It seems like every time we ask for a recommendation of a pro for something or another
we never seem to recommend our own.

Would it be too much to ask for a sticky or
something so we can let our fellow members
know who on here takes in work from others.

I'd also like to see some of the work our guys are doing. Anything from bolt jewelling to
bolt handle checkering.

My suggestion is a little home-grown yellow pages, so to speak?

Bad idea or possibility?

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if there would be some tech problem doing that or not.

But I think that would be a great idea, as I would prefer to give my business to an AR member where possable.

Allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don, You could go to the Administrstion area and the "Forum Suggestions" forum and see if the site administrater is interested in doing this. Sounds interesting to me.

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
To go one step further you could actually have a mini Yellow pages for anyone who offers services or products for sale. I for one also would like to patronize the members of the forum who are actually 'in business'.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it has been suggested and rejected quite a few times for the simple reason that if you have a yellow pages for gunmakers then you'd have to have it for everybody's business because they were a member here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, that's just great. Now there is talk of a "member gunmaker yellow pages" right after Duane Weibe starts visiting us again! Talk about being the stand-out name on the "can do" list of local talent here.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc_Stokeld:
Oh, that's just great. Now there is talk of a "member gunmaker yellow pages" right after Duane Weibe starts visiting us again! Talk about being the stand-out name on the "can do" list of local talent here.

Ah, but Mr. Stokeld. There is far too much work for one person to handle! And each craftsman's work will not be the cup-of-tea
for everyone!

It's variety and choice we seek, while keeping the candidates.....uh, competant. Not everyone needs or wants BEST QUALITY work on a simple hunting rifle. But everyone does want credible work!

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
My suggestion would be make it in a book form. Something like the AR African Hunting Book loud-n-boomer put together. It could be as simple a a list of names addresses and phone numbers with a few pictures from each listed of the work they do.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote