Find
Notify
Tools

Upgrading Side Locks on L.C. Smiths
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Friends-

I saw a You Tube short with Larry Potterfield upgrading the sidelocks of a L.C. Smith. I think this is the link: https://youtu.be/soGEscDkRTw

Basically, it entails polishing and jeweling the inside of the locks. He did some other items such as nitre bluing some of the small parts, etc.

What Gunsmiths on this board do this kind of work as options for their customers? Please let me know.
You can post here, send me a PM or e-mail me at: e pmarkstark@satx.rr.com e

Thanks,

Mark

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Mark, Duane Wiebe has a soft spot for Elsies. He has built some full-custom beauties and might take on your project.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest-

Thanks for the information. I will give Duane a call. Hope all is well with you.

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
about the only thing I didn't understand there was why polish something all the way to 1000 grit before jeweling it. Confused

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I've done it, and will do it but it's all shop time. for a decent set of locks not needing much in terms of referb, your looking at an 8 hour day. if there is rust and pitting... well you know more time more money

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote