THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Important rare official tin can product endorsement-

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Important rare official tin can product endorsement-
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Put a 1" slip-on Limbsaver pad on a 7mm Rem Mag. Recoil tamed down near to that of the quite-manageable 7x57 I was shooting side by side with the magnum.

Money well spent, product as advertised.

http://www.limbsaver.com/

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with your performance rating. I give them the highest rating.

I therefore have them on 2 rifles - why not more?

Well, both seem to stick to everything - whatever the pad comes in contact with: Gun case, carpet, etc. tend to become one with the pad.

The pads seem to melt.

I don't believe I've ever read of anyone else complaining about it, but both of mine do it and it's really a problem. Ruins the appearance of the pad, not to mention the black goo left on said items of contact...

Has anyone else experienced this?

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
The issue of the "melting" Limbsavers is an old one. It was a real problem but Limbsaver corrected it and exchanged any defective pads. I had them exchange one a few years ago - smooth transaction and no problems with the new one. It's on my RSM Lott and really makes a difference.

Search for their website and give 'em a call. Sims Vibration Laboratory (SVL) is the company name.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll have to give them a call. Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Pleasure.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The issue of the "melting" Limbsavers is an old one. It was a real problem but Limbsaver corrected it and exchanged any defective pads. I had them exchange one a few years ago - smooth transaction and no problems with the new one. It's on my RSM Lott and really makes a difference.

Yes early urethane products of all types had " Continual Cure " issues, as durometer increased ,it slowed the melting down .
Eventual reformulation was the necessary ultimate cure .

Any of you ever buy urethane bungee cargo straps , roller drive wheels or sleeves some years back , instead of the normal rubber ones ?. will know exactly what I'm talking about !.

Company Research or R&D doesn't exactly produce profits , thus Marketing leaps ahead with less than professional product perfection ,it hurts reputations an sours previously loyal customers on brands !.

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote