New
Find
Notify
Tools

HVA 1600 trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just picked up at a gunshow Husky 4100 rebarreled to 6.5-06.Just what I was going to get built. This HVA action comes with a single stage trigger.The safety is trigger block. My RCBS trigger guage goes to 72oz,and this trigger is well past that. Is there a replacement available or do I have to send it out to gunsmith with much more skill than I have

You can hunt longer with the wind at your back

Posts: 480 | Location: B.C.,Canada | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bent Fossdal
posted Hide Post
Handle alot of them here in Norway. Have not seen any replacement triggers, but a quick trip to a gunsmith should be as good - and cheaper.

Bent Fossdal
Reiso
5685 Uggdal
Norway

Posts: 1707 | Location: Norway | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a HVA 1600 in 270 Win, I replaced the trigger with one from a Parker Hale M98 I had spare. To do this I had to slice off the tang extension the PH triggers have & use a small screw in a hole in the rifles tang to secure the rear of the trigger. A much simpler solution would have been to use any of the Timney triggers for Mauser 98s if I had had one.
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read that Timney now makes a trig for the 1600 husky.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a nice rifle.My orginal stock is like yours,something of a featherweight,a good piece of walnut,and is in very good shape.

Thanks to Pettson(sp) over the years,Husqvarna make four models,a commerical M-96,FN M-98 actioned like my 338-06,a vastly improved small ring Mauser called HVA,1600 or 4100,and a push feed.

My good friend Bill is a great gunsmith,there is nothing in metal he can't do,but he's really booked up.

Posts: 480 | Location: B.C.,Canada | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Huber Concepts makes a trigger for the HVA action, which reduces pull to about 27 ounces. My gunsmith actually had to increase the pull weight, as he originally set it too light for a hunting rifle. The Huber trigger is a great improvement over the factory original, and it couples with the original Husqvarna safety on the right side of the tang.

Posts: 154 | Location: West of the Mississippi, East of California | Registered: 23 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
whb309,thanks.That's exactly what I was hoping for,so I ordered one.When I talked with Bill about building a 6.5-06,he suggested using a M-98 action such as a Zastava or a FN instead of a HVA because of the trigger.I leaned toward a lighter weight action.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me know how it works out for you. I'm really pleased with mine.

Posts: 154 | Location: West of the Mississippi, East of California | Registered: 23 October 2008Reply With Quote