New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN Barrel compatibility
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a barrel that was made for a Weatherby FN Deluxe rifle. It is chambered for 300 Wby, so needs a long '98 type action. I am wondering what other actions would accept the barrel without alteration, such as Interarms X, and other clones of '98 Mausers that have been opened for the longer cartridge.

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
98 clones are very uniform, but I don't put weatherbys on military actions. So get a Mk10, new CZ, etc, for your barrel. You have a 51% (usually better) chance of the headspace being right, and an 8% chance of the sights indexing on top.
So, your criteria of "without alteration"; no guarantee for sure.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
98 clones are very uniform, but I don't put weatherbys on military actions. So get a Mk10, new CZ, etc, for your barrel. You have a 51% (usually better) chance of the headspace being right, and an 8% chance of the sights indexing on top.
So, your criteria of "without alteration"; no guarantee for sure.

When you say new CZ, you mean Zastava, right? Mauser 98 and CZ 550 are different. Some folks, like me, might get them confused sometimes. hilbily

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3293 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:

When you say new CZ, you mean Zastava, right? Mauser 98 and CZ 550 are different. Some folks, like me, might get them confused sometimes. hilbily

popcorn
Actually, one of my customers, who is probably a potato peeler or sidewalk shoveler for the Canadian Military insists that I refer to Zastavas as: "Those damned Serbian clones of everyone's, old, outdated SHIT!"
I've looked at their website and I have to admit that he may be on to something. LOL

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems like those interarms MK X’s have a “CZ” in a circle.

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3293 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nupe. That's the ZZC in a circle. It stands for Zavodi Crvena Zastava !

Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod
https://upload.wikimedia.org/w...ons/6/66/Logo_CZ.jpg

Zavodi Crvena Zastava
https://i.pinimg.com/170x/1d/8...e44437208fbe0d3a.jpg

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by speerchucker30x378:
quote:

Zavodi Crvena Zastava

Nice save.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by z1r:
quote:
Originally posted by speerchucker30x378:
quote:

Zavodi Crvena Zastava

Nice save.

See there- Like I said folks like me get confused! cuckoo

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Don't make it complicated

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by z1r:

Nice save.

Actually, this information is going to make my GI-Joe potato peeler ECSTATIC ! I can now show him how those, damned Serbians are not only making clones of everyone's, old, outdated SHIT! They have also taken to near cloning, CZs marketing emblem as well. That will send him right off the edge. He will be cracking walnuts in the wrinkles in his forehead when I tell him this! It will damned near kill him. This guy could be a master conspiracy theorist for the democrats if military kitchen life ever gets to strenuous for him! LOL

Some days, you just have to make your own entertainment!

Rod Henrickson