Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 257 Roberts Question
 Login/Join

<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

I would stamp it 257AI after I cmabered it to that. Seriously, 257 Robt.

Seriously, 257 Robt. !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Clemson, How `bout them Tigers< !--color-->? $56M stadium expansion on the West end should have the wild people beaming all over the place.

If it was me, I'd just have whatever is on your Die Set put on the barrel.

And then I'd go one better. If you are going the custom barrel route, you have the option of choosing if you want to "Turn Necks" or not. (I prefer not, but that is just me.) Anyway, I'd also ask that the Chamber Neck Diameter be included on the barrel. Something like:

Case Neck 0.282" MAX OD

or

Chamber Neck 0.284" ID

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the replies. I won't be "having" my barrels stamped. I am a do-it-yourselfer. My reamer is an inexpensive Clymer (or Manson, I can't recall) with a fixed pilot, so I can't vary the throat dimensions. I think I will buy a letter and number stamp set from MSC as they are on sale this month. Then I hope to practice alignment a bit before I strike. How much hammer do I need for a 3/32" stamp?

Clemson

Posts: 338 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always liked the movie myself. Mr. Roberts

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote