Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 gauge hole needed
 Login/Join

posted
I have a rilfe barrel blank (1.5 OD, 30 inches long with a 0.45 hole bored thru it) and I needed the hole enlarged to 10 gauge (0.775). Does anyone recommend someone that can do this type of work?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thompson Gundrilling. These guys drill the barrels of the vulcan mini-guns and the main gun on the Bradly FV,and they can pretty much drill any size hole you want. Ask for Mike Thompson, really nice guy and a fellow shooter.

http://www.thompsongundrilling.com/

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for info, I'll give them a call.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm almost scared to ask, but here goes...

what on earth you are building?

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan DeGroot:
I'm almost scared to ask, but here goes...

what on earth you are building?

AllanD
Maybe a sporting version of the 20mm Vulcan? Please do tell...

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ha, I wish it were as exotic as a 20mm Vulcan! I am building a shotgun to pass shoot geese, and on top of that its a muzzle loader shotgun.. Lots of smoke and boom.

I want something a little different than the Browning and Remington Mag 10 boys shoot. Life is just to short to be like everyone else.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Danny Petersen in Prescott AZ.

He did three barrel blanks in 10 ga for me about 8 years ago, when he still worked for Wells Sport Shop.
Like you I have the parts for a single and a double Muzzle Loader in 10 ga. Now just have to make the time to put them together.

Jim Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1452 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick 0311:
Thompson Gundrilling. These guys drill the barrels of the vulcan mini-guns and the main gun on the Bradly FV,and they can pretty much drill any size hole you want. Ask for Mike Thompson, really nice guy and a fellow shooter.

I talked with Mike and he said he couldn't do it, too small.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are just wanting it bored out straight, start calling machine shops. There are many small shops that are set to perform boring operations.

Chad

Posts: 85 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 38-72:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick 0311:

I talked with Mike and he said he couldn't do it, too small.

Gee, maybe he just likes me...I had him bore a bunch of aluminum bars for me with a .250 inch hole.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote