New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restocking a J.P. Sauer SxS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One of these days I hope to see the J.P. Sauer SxS shotgun that I sent off to be converted to a 450/400.
That said, somewhere down the line I'd like to have the rather 'plain Jane' wood replaced with a piece of Bastogne walnut that I've had tucked away for years. Not being a wood worker, or one with the patience to take on restocking a gun, I'm looking for someone or someplace to send it out to and have done. Macon Gunstock in MO advertises that theyl inlet and completely fit a customers wood. Anyone have any dealings with them, or recommendations otherwise?

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Google Wineg Stocks for stock work. They can pretty much do all manner of stock fittings.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I had Macon inlet a blank several years ago. It was fine.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never had Wenig fit one for me, but, I've had a blank pre-inletted by them. Inletting fine,,,, shape,,, well, there was enough 'extra' on the outside I may as well have started from a blank, myself.

Posts: 713 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote