Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby Vanguard trigger Adjustment
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted
Anyone know how these triggers are adjusted. Just the weight needs to come down to something reasonable like 3 pounds. Everything else seems OK.

Thanks.

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weatherby Vanguard = Howa 1500.

There are two screws on the trigger housing, one on the front, and one on the back. Both have locknuts securing them, and may or may not have some kind of tamper paint on them.

Scrape off whatever tamper paint there may be on the front screw. That's the one that adjusts the trigger pull weight. Loosen the lock nut. It takes a rather skinny 6.5 mm wrench to get in there. I found that ignition system wrenches are skinny enough to get in there and not strip the flats. Once that nut is loose, slowly turn the adjusting screw out (CCW) to lighten the pull. I would suggest turning 1/4 revolution and testing the weight trigger pull scale. Do so until you get it where you want it. Then retighten the locknut.

The rear screw is for sear engagement adjustment.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. I saw the two nuts when the smith had the gun apart for the rechamber. Sear and over travel are OK. The trigger weight is around a ton. [Big Grin]

I hope to have is reduced to 3 pds before shooting again.

Snapper

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote