New
Find
Notify
Tools

460 S&W
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can you put a 460 or 500 S&W into a WSSM action? If so, who could I get to do it? I would like to have a bolt rifle chambered for one of these cartridges.
Thanks

Posts: 418 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin I've thought about this, and I THINK, don't know for sure, that the 500 S&W would go without to much work. I would trim the case rims to match the WSSM round rather than mess with the bolt face. The 500 case would still have a .009" rim to deal with. otherwise maybe turn it down to case diameter and decrease the bolt face diameter. If I had some ammo I would see if they fit in the magazine. The follower would probably have to be modified as well. But I'll bet it could be made to work. Case comparison

Posts: 220 | Location: SW Missouri USA | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
The problem is making a bolt rifle feed a rimmed cartridge. The Siamese Mauser was one that worked well with its sloped magazine. What rifle were you thinking about?

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was going to use a Model 70 in 223 WSSM.

Posts: 418 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 March 2005Reply With Quote